Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hult Reviews by - Tatiana Ufimtceva, MBA, 2014

Russian One-Year MBA, 2014,

Boston Pre-Hult: Sales Development Head, Home Credit and Finance Bank (Financial Services)
I feel the atmosphere of understanding and support at Hult. We help each other to develop, to become better professionals and people.

WHY HULT

An MBA at Hult equals a truly in-depth international experience in just one year. That's exactly what I was looking for. In the last ten years of my life alone I have travelled to 43 countries, but the first four months at Hult gave me much more. I got to know people from all over the world, 50 different nationalities, with whom you live through one of the most dynamic, rich, knowledge-filled, and experience-intensive periods of your life. The possibility to study in three of the six campuses and rotation centers in one year gives you the opportunity to dip into business and cultural environments of different countries, or even continents. It opens so many doors for you, doors all around the globe.

MY LIFE AT HULT

I feel the atmosphere of understanding and support at Hult. Everyone has this respect and curiosity for all the cultural and personal differences between us. We help each other to develop, to become better professionals and better people. It's just amazing to observe this transformation in people: someone who was calm and shy became a great speaker; another classmate who preferred to play alone became a great team player. This environment encourages everyone to strive for excellence.
The most memorable times for me have been celebrating birthdays with Hult friends from all over the world. When everyone sings happy birthday in dozens of different languages, it becomes an unforgettable moment.
The most inspiring professor for me is Mike Grandinetti. He creates a class atmosphere that nurtures extremely interesting and developing discussions. It helps us all to see the various points of view, in terms of different cultural and professional backgrounds, and to dig deep into how businesses work on the global scale.
I have seen considerable improvements in the standards of students' work through the weeks and months of teaching. The biggest visible transformation for most of students happened during the Management Communication course. The gap between first team presentations and final team presentations was incredible. In just three weeks the quality of speeches, slides, and speakers by themselves increased dramatically. I watched twelve presentations in one breath, marveling at the emerging talents on display at Hult.

The advantage of studying in Boston is that it's full of different on- and off-campus events, such as career fairs, workshops, and so forth. It is thus a city with the human capital to create a great network and gives you a lot of opportunities to find your dream job. Because of that I feel that I am edging closer and closer to my post-graduation objectives.

A GLOBAL HULT EXPERIENCE

My goal after graduation is to continue my international experience at a workplace in the finance sector. One of the best places for that is New York City. It's where people from all over the globe build their dream lives. It's one of the world's financial capitals, where you can find the head offices of the biggest financial companies. To achieve my goal, I will therefore rotate to New York.

Furthermore, I will definitely use the opportunity to study each year for two weeks at any of the Hult locations after graduation, which alumni can do for free. I think this program is a great advantage of Hult!

MY CAREER

I have more than eight years of banking experience in Russia. My goal is to continue building my banking career on a global scale. To achieve this I was looking for an international experience in my professional life. The best decision I made was starting on this path with Hult, one of the world's most international business schools. Here I have created an extensive network of people of 50 different nationalities for myself. Hult's professional faculty helps me to shape and improve my knowledge and skills all the time. The global rotation will help me to dip into the business environment of one of the financial capitals of the world, New York, where I will eventually find my dream job.


Check out more info here for Hult Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment