Saturday 16 August 2014

Hult MBA Reviews By- Jana Joy Schumann

Alumni Perspectives....
Jana Joy Schumann ,American Master Degree Programs - Master of International Business, 2011, Dubai Economics Professor, Northwestern College (Government/Non- Profit/Education)
I absolutely loved the international aspect of Hult and its Dubai campus really caught my attention.
I absolutely loved the international aspect of Hult and its Dubai campus really caught my attention. The atmosphere on campus was energetic! There always seemed to be a buzz in the classrooms and on campus. It was exciting and fun to be around.

Whilst at Hult I was involved in several extracurricular activities on the Dubai campus: the International Business Development, Consulting, and Marketing Clubs. I also had the privilege of being the Dubai lead for the Hult Global Run In Blue event, which was an incredible opportunity and experience to be involved with. I was also offered the Academic Fellowship position at the Dubai campus so was responsible for acting as a liaison between my fellow students and the faculty.

Social Innovation was one of the last courses I took, but it definitely made the biggest impact on me and really inspired me with the possibilities of what can happen when you use business solutions to tackle some of the world's biggest problems. The teacher of this course, Joanne Lawrence, was also the most inspirational faculty member I encountered at Hult. She was so passionate about her subject and her belief in the difference and long-lasting results that can be achieved through sustainable business practices shone through. Her passion really stimulated my interest in the Social Innovation and this is something I definitely want to incorporate into my career in the future.

My most enduring memories are simply of hanging out with classmates, whether at the residency, laughing and studying into the late hours of the night, or travelling together during breaks. We went to the beach in Oman, hiked in the Chinese mountains, got detained by the Lebanese army, and visited eight cities in three days using every form of transportation possible, including desert safaris, yacht cruises...
I wanted to seize the opportunity to rotate and decided to go to London and Shanghai. Since I live in the U.S., I wanted to take advantage of the campuses located in other countries. I was really excited about the chance to study in both London and Shanghai since they are both major business hubs.

Being able to experience such rich aspects of the culture we were living in with my new friends from all over the world added such an amazing dynamic to what I was learning in the classroom so that I was able to really soak up the material in a way that I wouldn't have been able to if I was learning those things in my home city.
My time at Hult has expanded my global network exponentially. Not only through my classmates, who I still keep in touch with, but also through the local networking events at which I had the opportunity to interact with local business professionals.

My career has progressed since completing my Master degree by giving me the opportunity to be teaching at the college level, something I have always wanted to do! It has also helped me to further define and visualize my future career path and the things I want to accomplish down the road.
Click here for more Hult Reviews .

Contact:
Heeba Martin
http://www.hultreview.com/

Hultreviews90@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment