Saturday 5 July 2014

Hult Alumni Reviews For MBA by Cynthia Kaplan

Cynthia Kaplan, American
One-Year MBA, 1992, Boston
Partner, Executive Search and Talent Development, Delta Top Talent
(Professional Services)

Hult teaches you to be responsive and flexible in a really dynamic world.

When I embarked upon my MBA, I was looking for something to tie my international career together and launch me in a new direction and it certainly did that for me—in a very intense one-year program. My career has never been planned but has been about taking advantage of the opportunities that have come up along the way. Hult teaches you to be responsive and to be flexible in a really dynamic world.


I think that the MBA program is flexible enough to really let your strengths shine and helps you to learn to work with people with other strengths, experience, and cultural backgrounds.  I’m still in touch with some of my classmates. One fourth of July I invited my class up to my parents’ house in Massachusetts and probably fourteen to fifteen people came up and we had a BBQ and they experienced a real American 4th of July, so that was very memorable—being able to share my hometown with my fellow students.

A GLOBAL HULT EXPERIENCE

My time at Hult (then the Arthur D. Little School of Management) exposed me to different global perspectives. Hult gave me the opportunity to meet other mid-level career managers offering different perspectives. It was the whole multicultural experience that I really enjoyed and really benefited from and still do. Later in my career I was asked to head a branch of a Japanese inter-cultural consulting firm. We gave cross-cultural training courses to Japanese companies in Mexico and by that time I had then acquired three cultures. My experience at Hult made me much more culturally aware and able to deal with cross-cultural issues as they came up in my career.

MY CAREER


Former students sometimes get in touch to say that they have graduated from Hult and they’re coming back to Mexico. Depending on their level of experience, I’m well-placed to recommend alumni for positions at my firm or its sister company. I’m happy to offer them a little coaching, or refer their résumé to my colleagues in the headhunting industry. Over the course of the years I’ve probably helped about eight to ten alumni members and I hope to get more involved in the Alumni Association in the future. We’re living in an age where everything is interlinked. I would say alums should really pursue their dreams and take advantage of their alumni network, especially since Hult has grown so large now. Click here To read more Hult Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment