Tuesday 8 July 2014

What kind of Career support Hult gives? Student Perspectives & Reviews

James Whittaker, Australian
One-Year MBA, 2013, Boston
Pre Hult: Practice Development Manager, Whittaker Macnaught (Financial Services)
The Hult MBA will enable me to access international markets with greater ease.


I was most attracted by the fact that Hult appeared to be very much an up-and-coming university and I have always been interested in studying for an MBA in the U.S. Some of the other schools I considered did not seem to embrace the shift toward technology, innovation, and an international focus, but I could tell almost immediately that Hult understood it perfectly. The diverse student body, international locations, networking opportunities, and quality of the teaching faculty all added to the appeal.

MY LIFE AT HULT

The Boston campus is an inspiring atmosphere of learning where individuals and small groups meet up throughout the day and night to discuss case studies and class-related assignments as well as their own aspirations and ambitions for the future.

The Hult classroom, while challenging at times, finds people from all over the world offering their perspectives and opinions on a myriad of topics. There's also a strong emphasis on enthusiasm, humor, and having a good time, which helps to revive everyone, especially during times of stress.

I am President of the 2013 Hult Entrepreneurship & Innovation Club. Outside of Hult I have participated in numerous networking events and information sessions throughout Boston, with a particular focus on entrepreneurship and mobile app development. This has enabled me to meet a lot of influential people in the community as well as the brains behind some brilliant start-ups. As for Boston life more generally, I am a member of Crossfit Boston, I've also seen the Red Sox twice and the Patriots once and would highly recommend their games for a fun outing to absorb some of the local culture.
I can't wait to get stuck into the yearly electives that I will be able to take advantage of as a Hult alum.

A GLOBAL HULT EXPERIENCE

Hult's Global Campus Rotation is a big appeal for me. I intend to rotate to Shanghai before returning to Boston for the final module and graduation. With China's growing influence, being able to spend two months in the country's business hub is a tremendous opportunity that will provide me with a unique theoretical and practical experience.

My plan is to start my own business as soon as possible. The MBA has armed me with additional weapons to add to my entrepreneurial arsenal, and I'm confident that my first leap as a business owner won't be a spectacular failure. In fact, with the right planning, I'm confident of my success.

All the subjects so far have contributed to my knowledge of the business world. The networking
Opportunities at Hult should not be understated: the dozens of contacts I developed with people outside of Hult who have given me guidance and insights which have constantly refined my business ideas. The Hult MBA will enable me to access international markets with greater ease.


Get more Hult Reviews for MBA here.

No comments:

Post a Comment