Thursday 17 July 2014

Alumni Perspectives and Reviews for Hult MBA

Nick Caes, Belgian Master Degree Programs
 Master of International Business, 2012, Shanghai Associate Analyst, Moody's Investors Service (Financial Services)
Educationally, Hult equipped me with the skills needed to pursue a job in the finance industry. Professionally, Hult gave me so much more.

Prior to Hult, I completed a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in Ghent, Belgium. My goal at that time was to pursue a career in management consulting and I felt that Hult would be a great next step towards achieving this goal so I decided to start the Master of International Business program in Shanghai in October 2012. I wanted to experience the growth of what I believe will be the most important region in the coming decades.

MY LIFE AT HULT

Educationally, Hult equipped me with the skills needed to pursue a job in the finance industry. Professionally, Hult gave me so much more. A key skill I learned was how to manage people’s expectations. I also learned how to engage with people from across the globe and developed a truly global mindset. I have been able to leverage these skills as part of numerous special projects in my current role at Moody’s.

Peter Hill’s Life-Time Career Management class gave me the tools to assess my career goals and make me more relevant to employers. Finally, Richard Turrin’s presentations for the Finance Club also gave me a good sense of the finance industry in Asia.

A GLOBAL HULT EXPERIENCE

The key strength of Hult is its rapidly growing global network. My office in Singapore is like a mini-Hult with analysts from the U.S., Canada, Russia, Germany, India, China, Indonesia, and many more countries. Hult taught me how to engage with people from across the world and that definitely improved my interactions with issuers and colleagues.

MY CAREER

During the Hult MIB, I decided to look for opportunities in Singapore and realized my true interest was in finance rather than consulting. A month after graduation I started my internship at Moody’s and managed to get a full-time position three months later. Since then, I have had the unique opportunity to not only analyze the Singapore banking system but also others in the surrounding region.

Click here to read more hult reviews  for MBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment