Saturday 10 May 2014

Hult Reviews - Why I Chose Hult?|Hult MBA Reviews by Anand Deshpande



"Hello I am Anand Deshpande and as a Hult Alumni, going to share my journey at Hult international business school.

My MBA days at Hult from the year 2000 to 2001 have been the best so far. I was very keen on doing an MBA as I was rusting my brains doing a monotous job in Africa. While I enjoyed living in Africa, I began to believe that I was living a life of purposeless. I had to find a new meaning in life.

While on my way to India, I glanced upon a book "Which MBA" at the Amsterdam Schipol airport. I went through a few pages and was hooked to it. I finally bought it and read it on my way to India and when I was back in Africa. Thoughts of doings a MBA started to crystallize in my mind. I become serious and gave GMAT and TOEFL. I decided to go on a vacation to the States and started began correspondence with many MBA schools including HULT. The vast variety of nationalities represented in HULT triggered my application to HULT.

I took some time out to meet the Hult International Business School DEAN and the administrative staff while on a vacation to the States. The staff was polite and was impressed with their course content. Once I was at school, I was kind of lost as I was studying after a gap of nearly 10 years. I struggled for a month, but started getting the hang of the MBA curriculum soon.

The Professors were experts in their own right. Each one inspired me with their body of knowledge and teaching skills. The course content was very current and teaching was experiential. The best part of my study at Hult was the interactions I had with international students. The class of 60 students represented 26 nationalities. It was a wonderful cross-cultural experience and began to appreciate different cultures and customs. It dawned on me that “there is no right answer" and “there are many ways to approach a problem and solve it". This international exposure was helpful to me while I was finding my feet with “FORD MOTOR COMPANY" in England. While the students were competitive, they were also compassionate and helpful. I have made friends for life and that is what I value immensely.

I got selected in Manufacturing Leadership Program at Ford Motor Company in my last semester at HULT. I am grateful to HULT and my fellow students for adding a new dimension to my life and giving me so much inner joy. Before I did my MBA, my knowledge of finance was zilch. But after the MBA, I improved as a professional as well as a person.

I am an entrepreneur and run my own consulting firm. I enjoy my work as I am applying concepts unheard off in industries that are considered to be out of bounds for consulting companies. It is that international perspective that I developed at HULT that is one of key success factors in my growth as an entrepreneur. I thank HULT and its staff along with my friends who made by experience so special.

Anand Deshpande, 
ADMAA consulting"

Get more Hult Alumni Conversations or Hult Reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment