Saturday 28 June 2014

Hult Reviews for MBA Alumni Perspective





Alumni Perspective
Priya Sultan, American
Master Degree Programs - Master of International Relations, 2011,
London
Regional Director Europe, Hult Prize, (Government/Non-Profit/Education)

I was drawn to Hult because of the one-year duration of a program that provided considerable international exposure.

WHY HULT

I was drawn to Hult because of the one-year duration of a program that provided considerable international exposure—the option to rotate campuses was very attractive. Hult offered learning from professors who are leaders in their field. I chose the London campus as I consider London a major international hub offering unparalleled networking opportunities. Remaining based in an English speaking country was also an important factor for me.

MY LIFE AT HULT

The atmosphere on campus was always fun and exciting. There were so many students to meet, so the
environment was quite open with people looking to interact with each other.

In the classroom, due to the varied backgrounds of students there was always very interesting class
discussions. The professors were often very inspirational, for instance Professor Mark Spokes is one of the best professors I have ever had. He's extremely knowledgeable about his subjects and forces you to think critically. He was part of the inspiration for my thesis and really taught how to create an unbeatable argument. I was a Hult Student Association (HSA), participated in the Hult Prize (our team won the Hult London internal competition), was voted as a graduation speaker, and joined the Consulting Club for on-campus activities. Off campus I joined a running and crew club. I also joined a society which was focused on the liberal arts.

Some of the most memorable times at Hult London were the events which were planned for us by
Student Services (i.e.: masquerade ball, Halloween party, nights out, etc). It's London, so a pint after
class was a pretty common occurrence. We also hung out in amazing parts of London—Camden Town,
Angel, Shoreditch, London Bridge, Primrose Hill, Marylebone, etc.

A GLOBAL HULT EXPERIENCE

The people you meet at Hult are from all over the globe, so you literally build a global network through your peers at Hult. My network grew tremendously while living in London. I don't think I would have had exposure to the caliber of people that I did living in any other country. The leaders of industries globally base themselves in London, so why not be with the best of the best? I am a fairly active alumnus, I typically attend alumni events in whichever country I am based in.

MY CAREER
Many of your peers go on to do pretty amazing things after their time at Hult. I have remained involved by working for the Hult Prize!

Click here to know more about Hult Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment